New and existing clients:Please note that before we can open any new matter, we require proof of identification under Money Laundering regulations.
At your first interview, please bring with you the following:
Proof of Identity: one of the following:
- Current signed Passport
- Identity Card
- Current photographic Driving Licence
- Armed Forced ID Card/Police Warrant Card
Proof of address: one of the following:
- Confirmation from the electoral register
- Recent utility bill or bank statement
- Council Tax demand or statement
- Current UK Driving Licence (but only if not used in part a)
- Local Authority Rent Card of Tenancy Agreement
Public Funding:We believe our costs are competitive and if you are not eligible for public funding we are willing to discuss instalment payment of your legal expenses.
There are a diminishing number of Solicitors offering Public Funding (Legal aid). Geraint Jones & Co are committed to this line of work and we are currently the only accredited firm in the Llandrindod Wells area.
In order to be considered for Public Funding, we will need to assess your eligibility, please bring the following with you at your first interview:
- Proof of identity and proof of address (please see above)
- Proof of Income (last three payslips) / Proof of benefit (benefit letter)
- Evidence of outgoings (mortgage agreement/ rent/ council tax/ childcare costs, etc)
If you live with a partner, or are married, we will also need to include their income and outgoings in our calculations, so please your partner’s details as well.
PLEASE NOTE: WE CANNOT ACT ON YOUR BEHALF ON A PUBLICLY FUNDED BASIS UNTIL YOU HAVE PROVIDED THIS INFORMATION.